Sunday, November 1, 2015

Drifting.....

              "I used to be Snow White, but then I drifted."
                                                                        -Mae West

I KNOW.....  I promised snappy and happy.  I give myself a one blog moratorium.  Stupid milestones.  They can be fucking heavy.
It's a chick thing.  The birthday ball hit the same week as October 30th- a whole year since the official clock struck midnight.  A WHOLE year.  It means nothing and everything.  It's just the date of the last date.

The next day I played a Princess
Filled with joy
The clock stopped at midnight
I still had shoes on, so I did not know

Twice he came to me
Wishful strong dreams
I think that wasn't real
Maybe it was the mythical closure dragon
He bites

Realizing the forest I roamed
tumbles to desert and rock
to violent serene below
This place I know

Gathering my metaphorical tail and wits
And shells for my bits
The airwaves brought a song and rhyme
from past circles that lead to this season in time

Salty stinging ouch!
Well, maybe for a second
Okay, a day or two
Fuck!
An honest forever
Stupid Fairy Tales

Water is the place I choose
Will I be a siren to seduce
Or a mermaid who is free?
I'll mind my OWN sea

Swimming out and drifting
The curse is looking back
And seeing he's not there.
The happy ending
(Dang! I never got to finish that)
Is a heart that heals itself.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome post, I just read it from start to end. Learned something new after a long time. จีคลับ

    ReplyDelete