Saturday, January 17, 2015

Detachment

Universe, I see your message.





What is it you're trying to tell?
(Am I high from the plastic mat smell?)

This word kept coming up all week:

On the Yoga mat with so many plastic fumes, I ended up making it an outdoor rug,

(Deepak, Are you AWARE that caustic yoga mats spewing room clearing off-gas NOT from any human ass are sold in your name?)

In a movie (Wild)

In writing. (forms at work, a book I'm reading)

Okay, Universe.  Fuck, I'll listen.  Wait, you want me to acknowledge how this word applies right now.  It means so many things.  You just want me to go ahead and say it out loud.

Detachment~ Good/bad/indifferent.

Indifferent-  detached, easily dispatched with no feeling.

Ouch, that hurt(s).
Almost as much as smelling the freaking yoga mat

Ah, hell.  If ya can't joke at a time like this, then you might as well join a monetary monastery that charges you scads of money for a week of silence and a slice of moldy bread once a day.

Bad- Eeeeek!  I am NOT loving the detachment from, well, EVERYTHING.  It does; however, give me so much empathy for people who go through this organically.  Mine is situational.  I know that. Time is supposed to make this feeling, or lack thereof, evaporate like horse pee on a trail in 90 degree heat.  TallyHO, let's go.  But I will forever be grateful and hopeful for continued love, education, healing and understanding of all who go through this.

Good- Okay, Deepak with the smelly mat.  Detachment means letting go.  Ironically,  I have to let go of the one person who helped me let go of some really big things.  (WHY do I suddenly hear the sound of thousands of little girls singing in a slightly off key chorus?). I think ya may need to hit Disney and Elsa up for stealing your gig.  But it's not your gig.  Probably not your mat either.

Deepak, Disney and doormat formerly known as StankRug are only acknowledging truth that has existed since time began.  It's the hardest lesson we will ever learn and experience.    We let go of thousands of things in our lives.  Some are more painful and difficult than others...

Detachment, you are scary.  I am fearful of this journey.  But I acknowledged you today.  That is the first step.

I smell ya, Universe.




No comments:

Post a Comment