Sunday, January 3, 2016

Danke

At the start of 2015, I remember going to the lake to run early on a Sunday.  Fog and mist rose from the lake in the pre dawn light cutting visibility to just a few feet in front of me.   I heard a distant voice singing very loudly in the still calm of the morning.  I couldn't see the singer, I could only hear her.

"Danke schoen, Darling, danke schoen."

Over and over this line repeated until finally out of the swirling mist rode a middle aged woman with long dark braids making big lazy loops back and forth slowly on her bike.  She rolled past me and smiled a serene smile as she continued to sing, disappearing into the mist and fog.  It was surreal.  Straight out of Log Lady territory from Twin Peaks, she was dressed in a black dress, and she had bright pink tassels on the handle bars.

I remember thinking I was dreaming the whole sequence.  Maybe I was.  It was January, and yes, I was going through "a thang."   It was the beginning of the realization of a couple of big losses and well, yeah....not awesome.   I really thought the lady on the bike was maybe a sign I was losing it. Seriously!  What the hell!!!!!!

And looking back on this year, I'm thinking Universe was sending me a message through  "Pink Tassel Lynchian Log Lady."    

Danke Schoen, darling, danke schoen
Thank you for all the joy and pain

Looking back, Universe sent some awesome things my way.   I realize I have trouble accepting things, leaving the past and moving on.  And I forget to count blessings.   

I had the best time this year with a new friend.  She loves art, adventure, nature and shenanigans.  She listened when I needed tough love and was really there for me when I lost my girl.  She's a dog girl with the most darling dog, so she gets it.  And we have so much fun!!!  How cool that was!

An artist I admire sent me a note out of the blue saying he enjoyed my random posts on Facebook and wants to collaborate!   Yeeeeeeee!!!!!

I traveled a lot, had some fun and started some new writing projects.   I took two last minute, wild hair, unexpected trips that resulted in memories that still make me shake my head and laugh.  Perfect hours and that grin I can't resist.   Hell yes that was life affirming and so random.

So many cool things! Yes, I miss my loves and my heart is still healing, but I've got a 2016 bike   from the Danke Bike Company to ride in big loopy circles.  It has pink tassels and an open heart dangling from the left handle bar.    There's gonna be a flat tire every once in awhile, but I think I can patch it and roll on.

No comments:

Post a Comment